Monday, June 24, 2019

Rituals

Rituals

A Daily Ritual is a way of saying I'm voting for myself; I'm taking are of myself. -Martel Hemingway

I am slowly bringing new rituals into my every day life.  I am rising early and starting with a meditation.  I purchased a meditation cushion and I sit in a special place reserved for meditation.  I light a candle and rub an essential oil on my wrist and the back of my neck.

After 15-20 minutes of meditation, I have a dry brush massage and shower.  This is followed by a warm oil massage using jojoba oil.  I then do my yoga practice. 

I would like to do some self-care rituals in the evening, but this is a work in progress.  I look back on how far I've come and I'm confident, my work day and evenings will improve in time.

I would like to include more journals in my daily routine.  I have the morning pages, and art journals, but I would like to write more.  I live in my head and I think getting stuff out would bring clarity.

I have a couple of ideas for a birthday ritual.  One would be to visit a waterfall every birthday and sit and just listen, inhale the beautiful scents and watch to water.  Another would be to walk at night to a soundtrack.  Just enjoying the absolute amazingness of being alive!


"This is a wonderful day.  I've never seen this one before." -Maya Angelou

No comments: